Update: Roads Closed From Overnight Storms
Storms have closed the following roadways.
- Antelope Creek Rd, Closed, UPDATE: Bridge washed out, 2.5 miles south of Hwy 44
- Green Valley and Anderson Road, Closed
- Bradsky Road and Hwy 44, UPDATE: water over the roadway, bridge is NOT washed out
Do not attempt to cross until waters have receded and you can see the roadway underneath. It is unknown how deep the water is in these locations or what the condition of the roadway is underneath. Use caution as you travel around the area this morning as there may be other locations with water over the road. Watch for updates on our Twitter and Facebook.
- NEVER drive through water if you don’t know how deep it is. Your vehicle can be swept away by flowing water only a foot or two deep. Be especially cautious at night when flood waters are difficult to see.
- If your vehicle stalls, abandon it immediately and seek higher ground. Rising floodwater may engulf and sweep it away.
- Do not try to cross a flowing stream on foot. You can be pushed over by flowing water only six inches deep! Do not drive through flooded areas. Floodwater can wash a vehicle from the roadway and the road under the water may no longer be intact. If you are driving, watch for flooded bridges and low areas in the road.
# # #